Friday, August 26, 2011

Got to give credit where it's due....

I just have to say that I'm very proud of Mike! He is acclimating to Daddyhood very well. He has been consistently taking part in all responsibilities from dirty diapers to feeds to bath time and even pitching in on laundrey! It's a huge comfort seeing him jump right in there after closely observing a new task even when nurses are peering over his shoulder and making him nervous. They seem to get as big a kick out of it as I do! lol! He even voluntarily changes diapers when his sees that it needs doin' before the scheduled changes. He's becoming a pro at bottle feeding too. Wek eats just as good for Daddy now as he does for Momma. A feat not even achieved by his best nurses! Kudos Daddy! Great job!

Wek is still on oxygen, although no one seems to know why......very curious.

Thanks for the prayers for todays OT visit. It worked! She was more personable today and treated me like I had a brain. She asked me questions about how he was doing and listened to what I had to say. She also answered my questions kindly and didn't even stay to "observe him feeding". Yes, I feel like we're a zoo exhibit sometimes. I'm glad we didn't have to "perform" for her today. Much less nerve wracking that way! Whew!

His feeding is getting better, BTW. Yesterday evening we noticed he started getting excited about eating for the first time! Yea! He is eating in a more timely manner and is gaining strength, stamina, and coordination. He even took a whole bottle for his nurse last night at one feed. He hasn't done that for a nurse in a while.

His PT came in today and said he's already doing better on some of his tests than he did for her two days ago. She had given us some exercises to try and I guess we've been doing them right! She showed us a few more things today to add to it. Wesley's physical therapy is a learing experience for Momma and Daddy too. ;) He's doing well with it and I can already see a big improvemnt in his motor skills, mobility, and coordination just from his session with her today! It's amazing how that works! He also seeemed very relaxed when she was through, not tired, just relaxed.

All in all, a pretty good day! Thanks everybody for the thoughts, prayers, and support!!

PS. I do get all your posts and comments here and/or on fb. Even though I don't always respond, I do enjoy and appreciate them very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment